Data Protection Policy of The Highland Center Hrauneyjar
The Highland Center Hrauneyjar strongly emphasizes data security and the protection of data of its customers and guests. Our data protection policy is presented in order to inform our guests and other customers about the management and collection by The Highland Center Hrauneyjar of their personal data, and also makes sure that any processing of personal data always agree to current regulations at any time, as well as being in accordance with best practices in hotel operations.
Hallgerdur EHF, ID no. 641005-1420, Sudurlandsvegur, 851 Hella, The Highland Center Hrauneyjar, the company or we herein, is responsible for the processing, collection, registration, storage and submission of personally identifiable information, you herein. This applies in particular to individuals who:
- Contact The Highland Center Hrauneyjar either through our website, by email, telephone or social media.
- Visit our website, www.thehighlandcenter.is
- Book accommodation and stay at The Highland Center Hrauneyjar.
- Register on our mailing list.
The Highland Center Hrauneyjar processes all personal data in accordance with the existing personal data protection legislation in Iceland at any given time, as well as in accordance with the provisions of the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA).
What information about you does The Highland Center Hrauneyjar gather and for what purpose?
We at The Highland Center Hrauneyjar process only such personal data we deem as being necessary and in accordance with the purpose behind gathering information. We do not process personal data for unrelated reasons without especially disclosing this; as well as stating the grounds of such processing.
The Highland Center Hrauneyjar gathers the following data, as necessary at any given time:
- Technical information, for example, IP numbers.
- Digital footprints (cookies), for example, Internet conduct.
- Identification and communication data, for example, name, ID number, address, nationality, passport number, telephone numbers and email address.
- Payment information, for example, credit-card information.
- Information in connection with the choice of marketing.
- Information in connection with reservations and stay, for example, booking number, room number, signature, special requests in connection with meals, vehicle registration number and length of stay.
- Chat on social media.
The Highland Center Hrauneyjar policy is not to gather personal data of children under the age of 13 except to the extent this is deemed as necessary in connection with booking and stay at the hotel.
For what purpose does The Highland Center gather personal data?
The Highland Center processes personal data for the following purpose:
- Preparation of bookings and taking care of guests staying at The Highland Center.
- Safeguarding feedback received from guests.
- Follow-up on guests’ data use on the hotel´s wireless network.
- Statistical analysis and service, with the purpose of research or other commercial purposes.
- Meeting the company´s legal obligations, for example, submitting accommodation reports to Statistics Iceland.
When an individual uses our website, www.thehighlandcenter.is, we gather information about such use, for example, IP numbers, type or issuance of browsers that are used, dates and length of visits on the website, as well as which subpages of the website of The Highland Center Hrauneyjar are viewed.
Legal grounds for obtaining data:
The Highland Center Hrauneyjar collects and processes all personal data on grounds of the following authorizations:
- To meet contractual obligations. This authorization applies in particular when individuals book accommodation at The Highland Center Hrauneyjar.
- To protect the lawful interests of the company. This authorization applies in particular to electronic supervision of the hotel´s wireless network, and regarding the collection of default claims.
- To meet legal obligations particularly data that may be categorized under the Accounting Act.
- On grounds of consent. This authorization applies in particular to connection with marketing materials that we send to individuals who have granted their consent for receiving marketing materials, together with illustrations that are used for marketing purposes. An individual may always at his/her discretion withdraw such consent by removing his/her name from the mailing list by checking a link at the bottom of the page of such mailings. The withdrawal of consent, however, does not affect the impact of processing that took place while the consent was in effect.
How long does The Highland Center store personal data?
We store personal data for as long as deemed necessary to fulfill the purpose of processing data as stated above. An example is information that is categorized as accounting data, which is stored for 7 years according to the Accounting Act no. 145/1994.
Where is personal data obtained from?
The Highland Center Hrauneyjar gathers personal data from you and in certain instances from external parties, for example booking sites and travel agencies.
In what instances does The Highland Center Hrauneyjar disclose personal data to a third party?
Under no circumstances does The Highland Center Hrauneyjar sell your personal data. Personal data is only disclosed to a third party if we are obligated to do so according to law, or if this involves a service provider or an agent or contractor hired by The Highland Center Hrauneyjar to carry out certain work in advance. Examples are parties handling the following:
- Processing of bookings.
- Managing email addresses and mailing lists.
- Analyzing and dispatching targeted advertising.
- Information technology and telecommunications services.
If a party with whom The Highland Center Hrauneyjar provides access to personal data is deemed as being a processing party, a collaboration agreement is made with said party. Such a collaboration agreement stipulates, among other things, the duty of the processing party to safeguard personal data and to only use such data as provided for in the agreement. The agreement shall state the duties of the processing party to safeguard personal data in a secure manner and not to use them for any other purposes. The Highland Center Hrauneyjar also shares personal data with a third party if this is necessary for protecting interests of the company, for example, regarding the collection of default claims.
The Data Protection Policy of The Highland Center Hrauneyjar does not apply to data or third-party processing that is out of The Highland Center Hrauneyjar sphere of control or responsibility of use, disclosure or other means? The Highland Center Hrauneyjar therefore encourages everyone to study the data protection policies of third parties, including their host pages that may refer to us, social media enterprises like Facebook, Google, Instagram and Microsoft, as well as the payment services being used.
Safety of personal protection data and notifications on breaches of safety
We highly emphasize safety in the processing of personal data and have taken the appropriate technical and organizational safety measures to secure the protection of your personal data in accordance with our safety strategy. If breaches of safety occur in connection with personal data, and such breaches cause extensive risks to your liberty and rights, we will notify you as soon as possible. Safety breaches are considered to include loss or deletion of personal data; they are published or accessible by unauthorized parties without permission. Please bear in mind that the personal data shared with us on social media, for example, on The Highland Center Hrauneyjar Facebook page, is considered to be public information and not under the sphere of responsibility of The Highland Center Hrauneyjar, as we have no control of such data and are there for not responsible for such data´s use or disclosure. If you do not wish to share such data with other users or the relevant social-media service, you should not post the data on our social media. We furthermore urge you to study the protection data policy of these parties, Facebook, Google, Instagram and Microsoft. Note that when you enter our Facebook site, Facebook may possibly install cookies in your software for analytical purposes.
With reservations regarding the conditions as further addressed in the current Data Protection Act, you have the right to:
- Receive information regarding the personal data The Highland Center Hrauneyjar has registered about you, as well as its origin, and also to receive information about how your personal data is used.
- Receive access to the personal data that exists about you or to request that such information be sent to a third party.
- Have your personal data updated and corrected if there exists reason to do so.
- Have The Highland Center Hrauneyjar delete your personal data if there are no objective reasons or legal obligations to keep such information.
- Submit objections if you wish to limit or prevent the processing of your personal data.
- Receive information about whether automatic decision-making takes place, what premises exist for such decision-making and the revision of such automatic decision-making.
- Withdraw your consent allowing The Highland Center Hrauneyjar to collect, register, process or store your personal data when processing is based on such consent.
If you wish to exercise your right, please send a written inquiry to email@example.com.
We will confirm receipt of your request and respond within one month from the date of receipt. If we are unable to respond within that timeframe you will be notified accordingly. There is no charge when an individual utilizes his/her right in accordance with the aforesaid, except in instances where a request is considered to be undue or clearly without cause.
You also have the right to submit a complaint with the Icelandic Data Protection Authority if you deem there is a reason to do so. Information about the Data Protection Authority is contained on their website: www.personuvernd.is
If you require further information about matters pertaining to your personal data, we invite you to contact The Highland Center Hrauneyjar.
Overview and review of the Data Protection Policy of The Highland Center Hrauneyjar
The Data Protection Policy of The Highland Center Hrauneyjar is regularly reviewed and updated if there exists a reason to do so. The latest review took place on 16th of July 2020.